Sunday, July 25, 2021

From my friend Ade Bruch, a response to the Aeon post on 2b pencils

 PT,   

I loved the gift from Aeon but here are the pencils I use...





I wrote to Ade... 

Sad to see you letting the side down Ade... all these modern contraptions, make life easy and such.

A very great Australian once said life wasnt meant to be easy, and he made sure it wasn't! His successors are doing a good job of making it much worse.

He responded thus:

I am a fountain pen man and love the smell of ink. 

Am I forgiven? I remember taking offence when Malcolm said that…it may not be easy but it ought to be fair.

cheers Ade


To which I replied:


Well, I also like drawings done in ink but never fell under the sway of its odour!


Yes, it was offensive, especially coming from someone born with a silver spoon in his mouth. But you may have noticed Adrian, politicians are very slow learners. 
There are many in his party today who are just like him.

Anyway, I'm glad to know you are an egalitarian.

Next thing you know this arrived in my mail:



Jack Ziegler


What more can I say?

Thanks Adrian, it's a beauty!

PT



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Upanishads

The Upanishads from my friend Tom  from the UPANISHADS from Tom Cowan on Vimeo . Tom and I have a friendship which goes back to 1962!  Al...