Thursday, August 19, 2021

Congratulations David, a very special event!

Our friend David King has just scored a most impressive first among all my fellow filmmakers.




All of David's experimental films are now playing on The Screening Room. 

They are available to view online at  Salto 1TV, The Netherlands via this link:




As David mentioned on his Facebook page, it's quite rare that his films get an outing like this - a whole hour's program. The last time they were screened in toto was during the Screened exhibition at The Project Space gallery in Geelong. 

I would like to add to this: it is extremely rare in my own experience than any of my filmmaker friends score such an event showcasing many pieces of their work, let alone ALL of it.

Some these pieces may have been seen via Vimeo or You Tube but there may yet be a surprise or two in store. 

For example, David's award-winning long-form short experimental work EXIT  (27 minutes) is included in the programme and this work is not available online anywhere else. 

David wrote:

"This rare programme will still be available online on the Salto 1 website after it finishes its run on TV so people will be able to watch what they want when they want and not have to watch it all from start to finish.

The only funny thing about it was the photo of me at the start - taken in 1995 when I was working in Brisbane as a journalist. And also the double mention of my feature film PURGE which I'd prefer hadn't been mentioned since it was before I made up my mind to dump narrative filmmaking."


This is the order in which the curator Ronald Bijleveld has placed them:


1. Expunged from Collective Memory (02.58')   2017.

2. Imaginarium of the Unknown Traveller (04.18')  2020

3. Lost in a Borgesian Labyrinth (07.31')  2018.

4. To The End Of Time II (04.40')  2017 additional editing in 2019.

5. Infatuation (03.47')  footage taken from The Student (15.00') 1975.  Remade as Infatuation in 2012.

6. EXIT (27.01')  2016

7. Apocryphal Journey (01.56')  2017

8. What If You Woke One Day...? (1.09) footage taken from ENIGMA (15.00') 2000. Remade as WIYWOD...? in 2011.

9. Dystopic Overload (04.17)  2011 footage taken from PURGE (01:20.00')  2010. Remade as Dystopic Overload in 2011.


David adds:

"I hope that helps, Peter.  Although I knew in advance that this was going to happen, I'm astonished to see all my experimental work showcased on a tv program overseas. I hope some people like at least some of it! 

A very big thanks to curator Ronald Bijleveld for making this happen."


It's a huge breakthrough David.

Congratulations!

PT

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Upanishads

The Upanishads from my friend Tom  from the UPANISHADS from Tom Cowan on Vimeo . Tom and I have a friendship which goes back to 1962!  Al...