Friday, September 24, 2021

From Anonymous, a stand alone piece:

How nice it is to have friends who care to share, even when they prefer to remain anonynous. This piece came to me with no strings attached, a gift to brighten my day, to lift my spirits. I hope it does the same for you...




Without much effort a carfeul netsurfer may find some "companion pieces" presented by the same opera company in marketplaces of other Italian cities. Wherever they go they surprise shoppers and spread joie de vivre!


Dear Anonymous, I wish you were not so shy. I would like to tell my friends why this piece brought tears to your eyes, but now they will just have to guess.

pt







4 comments:

  1. This is truly wonderful stuff to witness and would be even better to experience for real in a market. I did post a couple of examples like this on Facebook. They took place in a supermarket in Italy where the 'shelf stackers', 'deli servers' and some 'customers' turned out to be opera singers. What a great pity it is we never see anything like this in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly would be wonderful if it could happen in the supermarket here in Kyneton David.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's happened in Melbourne. So delightful, and so profoundly moving to see! The more obscure the place the more surprising and uplifting methinks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems a number were done at Richie's IGA in Dromana, and one at Southern Cross station. But some of them are edited with comments or reflections of visitors interviewed, not as good as those productions which are "unfolding" events without commentary.

    ReplyDelete

The Upanishads

The Upanishads from my friend Tom  from the UPANISHADS from Tom Cowan on Vimeo . Tom and I have a friendship which goes back to 1962!  Al...