Monday, December 13, 2021

"Thinking About You", from Darko

 

My friend Darko is making films which he now posts on YouTube since his banishment from Facebook. His films could also be called "experimental" or "avant garde" but I find these terms too ill-defined and dated... I would rather call his films "personal poetic expression".


"Thinking About You" 




There are many questions one might ask. 

Who is to provide an answer? 

What's the point of creating an enigma if people demand an answer?

Well, at least Darko does provide some notes which may be helpful:


The work was realized in the immediate vicinity of the building in which I live with the intention of returning the nature to the reflection of obscurely playful light and ending my dark thoughts created in a relations with the urban environment. It may or may not be associated with the video interpreted before. By "irritating" early morning lights with my pocket photo cam, I removed / mystically covered architectural objects from the raw shots and drew a film image to the idyllic picture of a grandmother and grandchildren who were in the mood to participate in this video.

pt


5 comments:

  1. Thanks dear friend, your blog is the refugee space for my works...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One comment is more than enough in this case Darko, and it is great to have you on board. Keep them coming!
    pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote it just once Peter something is wrong with the blog engine...

      Delete
  4. Okay, not really a problem Darko... it doesn't happen very often.

    ReplyDelete

The Upanishads

The Upanishads from my friend Tom  from the UPANISHADS from Tom Cowan on Vimeo . Tom and I have a friendship which goes back to 1962!  Al...