Sunday, January 2, 2022

The celebration of a long friendship!

Many years ago I taught an eager young fellow named Richard Leigh

That was a vintage year in 1997 when he was one member of my documentary class of 10. At the time I had no idea we would still be friends in 2022, but here we are.

Now Richard has created a little flick about his own group of friends, a few nice people who have kept up with each other since their high school days about 35 years ago, give or take.

Get Back to Glenn & Jills' from Richard Leigh on Vimeo.

The story behind this little video is that recently these guys have been going for extended bike rides together between Xmas and New Year's day. A further story behind this little video is that I bought a GoPro action camera in May 2021 and my showing it off to my friends led to Richard buying one for himself.

What do I mean when I call it an action camera? Well, it seems to have been mainly designed for people who live active lives, jumping out of planes, riding mountain bikes on perilous tracks, even venturing under the sea. Also people who do Bungee Jumping and other exciting things which I'm not at all likely to do, so why would I need to use an action camera from the quietude of my living room and my comfortable armchair?

Aaah well, that's because I'm going to use it for a project which is not really an "action" type  activity. I'll share that project with my friends later this year, but for now it's a badly kept secret... the armchair traveller has taken a few steps out of his comfort zone, not too far mind you... you will just have to be patient.

Thanks Richard for sending us this lovely record of your recent expedition with Bruce, Peter and Glenn, a sparkling tribute to a group of fellows who have kept touch with each other since they were at high school, and who most likely will do so for many years to come.


PT







1 comment:

  1. Cheers Peter. Appreciate the space on your esteemed blog, turning essentially a 'private' video into something more public. Hope it gets a few smiles :)

    ReplyDelete

The Upanishads

The Upanishads from my friend Tom  from the UPANISHADS from Tom Cowan on Vimeo . Tom and I have a friendship which goes back to 1962!  Al...