Monday, February 28, 2022

From our friend Alexandra in Greece, a tiny ray of hope in dark times.

 

Hello Peter



Here are two videos I took early February in my
front yard of the European Red Robin.

It was snowing and I put out a little plate to feed him.



The robin visited my front door when the snowfall started.



I had him around for about 5 days.

When the snow disappeared so did he.

There will be snow again in the next few days,
so I am hoping for more visits.

And as we speak about him he appeared!

I just took this... he's on the branch of
the fig tree right outside my door.

There is an out of focus solar light hanging
on the branch of the walnut tree.



Thank you so much Aleksia, 

pt





9 comments:

  1. Ah. Such peace. Beautiful. Thanks for posting Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice ! As they say in Greece, "Kalo mina!" ("Have a good month" .... and Spring, and Year !)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a simple beauty... thanks for posting this Peter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this beautiful touch of optimism Alexandra...

      Delete
    2. Darko, not very much to be optimistic about at the moment with what is happening in Europe - 😥😢

      Delete
    3. Yes Aleksia, you are perfectly correct about the situation. It is horrendous! However we MAY yet find some hope. My own take on it is that Putin has achieved exactly the opposite of what he would have intended: he has united all of the European Nations against him and against Russia as an invading force. There is no way he could have wanted that outcome.

      Many commentators I have heard or read over the past couple of days have stated that Europe has never been so united since 1945.

      However the situation is truly a nightmare and will be so for some time to come.

      But like Darko, I feel your Robin is a metaphor for a tiny ray of hope.
      As I wrote , "a tiny heartbeat" !
      PT

      Delete
  4. Thanks Darko, and all of you for your comments, so stunningly beautiful, such a brave little fellow, and thanks to Aleksia for giving him some fuel to keep him going.
    pt

    ReplyDelete

The Upanishads

The Upanishads from my friend Tom  from the UPANISHADS from Tom Cowan on Vimeo . Tom and I have a friendship which goes back to 1962!  Al...