Saturday, April 16, 2022

"Mansions in Eternity" ... by David King.

Yesterday I received an email from our friend David concerning his recent work 

"Mansions in Eternity"

This film has been held back for release later in the year, but as David explains, it is now included in a new collection linked below.


Hello Peter,

Just thought I would share with you the news that my film Mansions in Eternity has been selected by German curator Wilfried Agricola for his Peace Letter to Ukraine project which includes films by some of my highly-respected peers in the experimental field. 

I'm very happy to stand in solidarity with Ukraine in one of the few ways I can - as a filmmaker. The program (including my film) is linked below.

I have a long association with Wilfried Agricola stretching back to 2011 when he selected my first (after many decades) experimental film Dystopic Overload for his globe-trotting Cologne International Videoart Festival which screened films at many other festivals, galleries and museums around the world. He also picked up my What If You Woke One Day...? but subsequently he fell ill and was placed in an induced coma to save his life and the festival ground to a halt. Upon his recovery he became a passionate advocate for human rights issues (particularly those centering around war and its repercussions) and his programs began to reflect this change. Although we kept in touch, I have not had another film selected by Wilfried until now. 

I hope you enjoy the selection. If the link doesn't work for some reason, copy and paste it into Google. There are some amazing works in here and I'm sure you'll enjoy some of them. 


Cheers,
David.




3 comments:

  1. A fascinating collection of films. Great to see in one place like this. Appreciate the share

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed them. I was also interested to see Wilfried Agricola's own work in this program. I had never seen his work before, only knew him as a curator.

    ReplyDelete

The Upanishads

The Upanishads from my friend Tom  from the UPANISHADS from Tom Cowan on Vimeo . Tom and I have a friendship which goes back to 1962!  Al...