Wednesday, October 5, 2022

SOMETHING ELSE FROM MY OLD TOWN OF SPLIT


LOCAL VISIONS AND GLOBAL FIGURES IN VIRTUAL FUSION

In a recent email to my dear friend from my "Facebook days", M. Woods, I briefly described Peter's invitation to continue maintaining this unique blog together with David: "It is nice, little, selective in a way, virtual space with well enough correspondents (it means more than several but not many).. slow one so to say if comparing with various concepts of slow cinema…” 


I hope that I will be able (for the first few modest personal contributions and with the help from the other “Friends of the Armchair Traveller” maintainers - David, Peter, Bill - to present the previously announced material about web project of online interviews with some of the most interesting proactive actors of global experimental cinema DIY scene which was conceived by the independent international (Italy, Greece, USA) association of artist named “PVH” and led by Pasquale Palladino, Angelina Voskopoulou and Matt Helme.


Then, one of my future posts will be given in a form of a “late salute” to the  master modernist Italo-American artist Aldo Tambellini`s work and, to mention just one more idea, I would like to present, in short and with a lot of visual material added, “Disassociative Productions”, visual production company headed by M. Woods as an operative collective that “designs bad trips to open your eyes and see how close you are”.


For this first post since Peter authorized me as the one of the maintainers of the blog I decide to publish some photos taken during this last few days in Split while most of tourists are leaving this town and local people are working what they can to resocialize on all the levels of society and sort out impressions after the end of another exhausting summer season of European integration (soon also monetary) in the midst of which the prices of bread, milk and dairy products started to rise suddenly and frantically.


"Separate, nourish and beautify" - inscription on the garbage container.


Harbor at dusk.

Thinking...

Before watching my new short video experiment created exclusively for "Friends of the Armchair Traveller" please let me recommend to all of you some of my "new sensations", works by several You Tube regulars with fresh, simple and joyful ideas which, I hope, if I manage to organize some new presentations of experimental cinematography in Split and its surroundings, will be found on my VJ playlists on those desired occasions:



Peter Shapiro (https://www.youtube.com/user/peetyweety)


Randy Arnold (https://www.youtube.com/user/maxwellbanjo/videos)


Greg R. Norton (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2KuMVQgN_nTVmwQrPGxGzg)

AND NOW
FOR "FRIENDS OF THE ARMCHAIR TRAVELER" EXCLUSIVELY: 
DARKO DUILO - "SEXUAL LONELINESS OF JESUS CHRIST" (2022)



Thanks for watching... And a few photos more:




I hope you like my first self uploaded post for "Friends of the Armchair Traveller" and I hope for some more from me soon...

Thank you very much Peter, David and Bill...

And all the rest...

Sincerely yours...

Darko Duilo

...












4 comments:

  1. This is a great new offering Darko! You certainly have a great cultural life happening in such a small city (in comparative populations terms) as Split. Adrian's response a few days ago and your new posting really give me a lift in these dark times. I particularly appreciate your warmth towards our blog. I hope these new posts will encourage others to follow suit.

    PT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looked Split on the map. The terrain - the peninsular and the nearby cliffs and mountains - must be spectacular. Your posts are always unique, surprising and intriguing. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

The Upanishads

The Upanishads from my friend Tom  from the UPANISHADS from Tom Cowan on Vimeo . Tom and I have a friendship which goes back to 1962!  Al...