Sunday, March 26, 2023

SPLICE HERE: A Projected Odyssey, from Heather Bertrand.

 Hi Peter, 

I went to the FVFS meeting yesterday and they showed us Splice Here: A Projected Odyssey.





I want to take Mum to see it, but I think you would love it too.

And maybe it could be a short blog entry but I don't have time to write one.


Heather.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Thanks Heather, 

I think our friends can get an idea of the film by watching the trailer in the link you've sent us.

It looks like a very professional production.

In the argument for "film" versus "digital" I'm not a film purist.

I've arrived at a point in my life where I don't like going to see films with audiences in large theatres. I feel trapped there. 

I also love the new digital technology which is giving me opportunities I never had with the film medium. I'm not missing the cost of Kodak's film stocks, nor the cost of laboratory processing and printing and all that.

But I do realise that many others including a lot of our friends are film purists and don't like the way digital has replaced movies produced and screened via film.

Perhaps this blog will encourage a good discussion of the issue?

Thanks for sending the link Heather.

pt


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Upanishads

The Upanishads from my friend Tom  from the UPANISHADS from Tom Cowan on Vimeo . Tom and I have a friendship which goes back to 1962!  Al...