Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Following from the screening of "Journey to the End of Night" last week...

 


Hello good friends, this is by way of a big thanks to everyone who came to the event and to Bill Mousoulis, Chris Luscri for all their work.


I also want to thank Bill for his kind effort to re-sync the film as it was a few frames out on the night, which was made more apparent by the large screen magnification.


And a very special thank you to Adrian Martin for his commentary on the film which was wonderful!


From my point of view the evening was a huge success, meeting many old friends, some of whom had seen the film way back, and new friends who had not seen it previously.


I've been thinking about some issues like our friends who live interstate or overseas who could not see the film, and for those of you who would like to have a personal copy of the restored film at your disposal.


Herein lies a problem: like a number of my films this film is with the publisher "Bloomsbury" and I don't want to erode their rights to distribute the film as per the contract. 

I simply can't make it open for public viewing.

I hope they won't mind me sharing it with a few friends.


This is what I am going to do, I'll send a link to any of you who request it. I don't expect that will be everyone, I think it will be fewer than half the number we have on our emailing list.


Please email me and let me know if you would like to receive the link to the restored film:


ptammer65@gmail.com


Thanks to everyone who attended, it was such a great night!


PT




6 comments:

  1. Well, we've started the ball rolling... two friends have been sent the link to my film... hoping it all works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great screening ! For everyone, also check the web page http://www.pureshitauscinema.com/unknown_pleasures.html#29 as it has Adrian Martin's video and the video of the Q&A from the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the stupid internet ! That was me, Bill, making that comment. Firefox won't switch me to my Google Account here, leaving me as Anonymous. Thanks Mr. Internet !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, there's too many Anons going round Bill, but we'll get there in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good night i will remember for a long time, and one that i hope will resonate as an inspiration for my young teacher friend who came along with me; the inspiration of a great teacher and one of the most creative minds out there... still creating. Bravo Peter!
    from, slightly less-anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Bobbyboy, there have been more developments since the screening. I'm creating a new blog which will include photos and info people from the Casterton area have sent me, some updated information concerning the young men who accompanied Bill Neave in the time of the fall of Rabaul. But I'm still working on that post, so you'll just have to be patient... pt

    ReplyDelete

The Upanishads

The Upanishads from my friend Tom  from the UPANISHADS from Tom Cowan on Vimeo . Tom and I have a friendship which goes back to 1962!  Al...