Monday, September 11, 2023

Introducing new friend, Micaëla Henich

 Just the other day I responded to a notice from Vimeo that someone liked my short video "Lascaux-Weber".

So I looked at her Vimeo page to see what she has presented.


I always respond to such notices but very often fail to receive an answer from the people who have liked one of my short pieces.

Micaëla Henich did respond and we discussed presenting some of her work on this blog.

"Yes, do as you feel of course. I like the way you present the works. Just want to add that I am not a professional of videos. I am a painter in fact… Maybe you would like to see my site:

http://micaela-henich.com




Back to Micaëla's posts on Vimeo. 

I've selected three of Micaëla's video pieces to share with our friends... only these three, although there are many more:

Petit trafic de nuit around the village pond from micaela henich on Vimeo.

A very light summer day from micaela henich on Vimeo.

Paris-vertigo from micaela henich on Vimeo.

As you can see from what Micaëla wrote to me, she does not consider herself a pro video maker but that doesn't bother me at all. 

What I like is the way she has taken to the medium of moving images in an exploratory observational manner, not loading each item with any expectations, and not feeling as if these observations need to be connected with any others. They are vignettes, complete  within themselves. That appeals to me very much.

Also that these pieces express the joy of using the new technology which are now available to all, just for her own purposes... maybe towards something which will one day be converted into another form, such as a painting or another video. 




I hope Micaëla might add to this post.


pt










4 comments:

  1. Micaëla thank you. And Peter. My kind of observational video (and I'm not a painter).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Discovered this morning… What a surprise Peter ! Thank you so much for your page about my work. Very touched and proud to see it projected here into your passionating blog !
    Like in a mirror. With it’s own life. Makes me look at it differently, as if it’s no more belonging to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I understand Micaëla , out to a new public, a different sort of gallery... has its own life!

    ReplyDelete

The Upanishads

The Upanishads from my friend Tom  from the UPANISHADS from Tom Cowan on Vimeo . Tom and I have a friendship which goes back to 1962!  Al...