Saturday, November 25, 2023

Jacques Henri Lartigue

 

Jacques Henri Lartigue


Following the 20 images I posted in Higgledy Piggledy the other day, I've decided to add some more of Lartigue's lovely images of his "muses".


I've tried to avoid all his wonderful action shots which are so well known, and just go for the portraits of his favourite women as subjects.


I presented this shot of Florette as No. 2



Some people thought this portrait of Florette was a shot by our friend Vicky Mousoulis, and I perfectly understand why they thought so. 

Vicky was astonished that to learn that some people had thought of her in the same breath as Lartigue, but I think Vicky richly deserves that accolade.

Anyhow, these are for today:




Florette Ormea







Florette Ormea






Renée Perle






 Renée Perle





Florette Ormea ? 

 I think it's her but I can't be sure.

 I copied this from a site which gave no background details.

 I notice that there are no "beauty spots" on either 
side of her nose, which you can see clearly 
in the pics at the top of the page.

Notes:

Renée Perle and Jacques-Henri Lartigue

In 1930 Jacques meets the beautiful Renee Perle, the lady that went on to become his most famous muse, she became his mistress, Renee and Jacques were together for two years.


Florette Ormea

In January 1942 he meets twenty one year old Florette Ormea in Monte Carlo, Jacques was twenty seven years her senior.  They married on August 28th 1945, They remained happily together until Jacques death in 1986, aged 92.





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Upanishads

The Upanishads from my friend Tom  from the UPANISHADS from Tom Cowan on Vimeo . Tom and I have a friendship which goes back to 1962!  Al...