Friday, December 15, 2023

Another special item from Steven Kovacs

 Some time ago I posted some beautiful micro photography by Angel Fitor.

Today I'm posting some similar exquisite imagery by Steven Kovacs courtesy:  SCIENCE | 


These Ten Brilliant Portraits Illuminate Ocean Creatures’ Nighttime Antics

Blackwater photographer Steven Kovacs takes spectacular shots of marine animals, helping scientists study tiny larval fish.


Here's a link to the entire article:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/these-ten-breathtaking-portraits-capture-ocean-creatures-at-night-180983418



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful article with amazing photographs. I hadn't heard of blackwater photography before, but I can certainly appreciate it. These photos deserve to be in a gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they certainly do deserve that David, they are exceptional! Imagine having the determination as well as the skill to achieve such brilliant images under such trying circumstances.
    pt

    ReplyDelete

The Upanishads

The Upanishads from my friend Tom  from the UPANISHADS from Tom Cowan on Vimeo . Tom and I have a friendship which goes back to 1962!  Al...